Search the forum,

Discuss A spokesman for B&Q said: "We were sorry..." in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the issue then? That the basin should have been on mains or the cistern should have had a bylaw 30 kit?

Can't have been "untreated" water - the tank must have been refilled off the mains.

Tank was probably filthy and no byelaw 30 kit fitted but on a washbasin I can't see how water would sit around long enough to stagnate?

Reads in the paper that B&Q plumbers had simply used a pipe supplied from a tank from attic and the pipe had originally fed a bidet.
The only way the old bidet would have been an issue is if it was the older type with the jet in the bottom of the bidet and could have contaminated the water pipe, but personally I reckon it was just dirty tank water.
I see ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁs
But there must be thousands of basins fed from tanks and many of those tanks are badly covered, or no lids at all.

Last edited:
But there must be thousands of basins fed from tanks and many of those tanks are badly covered, or no lids at all.

Hehe I like taking pictures of the really bad ones, with sediment on the bottom and scum floating on top, then showing them to the customer saying "You've been cleaning your teeth with and washing your face with this..." :D

Hehe I like taking pictures of the really bad ones, with sediment on the bottom and scum floating on top, then showing them to the customer saying "You've been cleaning your teeth with and washing your face with this..." :D

I also do the same. :smile: I used to like asking young women when I showed them the rust and gunk from their tank I had just removed that did they notice their tea was tasting funny?
Worst genuine thing I saw in a tank was a dead Jackdaw and the tank was feeding cold to a basin tap.

I've had small feathers and bones coming out of a customer's basin tap before.

One of the lads I used to work with went to find out why a heating cystern wasn't filling the system. He went into the loft to find the cystern fitted right up in the apex, with no lid or jacket.
He put his Hand inside and felt for the outlet fitting inside the tank ( tank was full of water) the crank had sludge in the bottom, blocking the feed so he scooped it out int a bucket with one hand.
After a few minutes his hand swelled up to twice its size and the psin was unbearable!
He went straight to hospital, where the cut down the back of his hand to relive the swelling ( still has the 2 inch scar). The tank was investigated further to find the sludge was hundreds of dead wasps, or bees!

One of the lads I used to work with went to find out why a heating cystern wasn't filling the system. He went into the loft to find the cystern fitted right up in the apex, with no lid or jacket.
He put his Hand inside and felt for the outlet fitting inside the tank ( tank was full of water) the crank had sludge in the bottom, blocking the feed so he scooped it out int a bucket with one hand.
After a few minutes his hand swelled up to twice its size and the psin was unbearable!
He went straight to hospital, where the cut down the back of his hand to relive the swelling ( still has the 2 inch scar). The tank was investigated further to find the sludge was hundreds of dead wasps, or bees!

Ooooooouch bet that wasn't fun

Whoa! Even dead the little fekers are pure evil! Jeez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A spokesman for B&Q said: "We were sorry..." in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock