Search the forum,

Discuss 8.5kw shower needs replacing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi,

A customer has sent me a picture of a gainsborough 8.5 es shower. It no longer gets hot, after speaking to the manufacturers they have said its only 1 of 2 issues. Either the water pressure is below 1bar so not activating the solenoid - unlikely. Or the 'engine' has gone which to replace the customer would be better off with a new shower because of the cost.

The easiest and cheapest option would be to put a new Gainsborough es in place but the customer said she was not happy with the pressure from the current shower.

I'm going up there one day this week to take a look. I don't know what cable size is there.

Ive tried to explain that as the pipe and cable is in the wall her options will possibly be limited unless she is prepared to have some extra work done.

Picture attached.

I know most 8.5kw showers are not amazing but can anyone recommend one that performs better than average.
Thanks

received_743766059297708.jpeg

Had 7.5kw Mira that was good years ago, don't know if they are better or worse now though.
Looking at the photo I'm thinking putting the riser in a different place would give a better spray of water.

Reply to 8.5kw shower needs replacing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock