From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss 6 Shower Power Boosters Give Away Competition in the Forum Sponsor News / Offers area at PlumbersForums.net

OP
Alan Wright

Alan Wright

Official Sponsor
Hi, if I add one of these to a combi thats running at 9.5 ltr, what will they "boost' it to, I'm only interested in it for a shower.
The pumps will not boost a combi boiler if you want a flow of 9.5 litres of hot water but if all you want is to boost and individual shower they will. A typical flow for a good shower is 6 litres of water from a typical shower head. Trying to force a flow of more that 6 litres a minute gives you a bit more sting but not much more flow.
To get a shower at say 42 deg C you need a mix of 2/3 hot mixed with 1/3 cold and a SPB if great at boosting 4 litres of water to a very decent pressure. At around 8 litres a minute they deactivate and give very little if any increase in pressure.

david stanton

david stanton

sorry, what i mean is the boiler is rated at 9.5 litre per min hot water and its actually getting about 8.5 at the hot water tap on bath, shower is a bath tap mixer type. prob is when you turn on the cold water, you get more "power" but water goes cold, im guessing because mains feed cold. So should i fit a 8ltr flow restrictor on the cold and one of your pumps on the hot and it will give me a "better, more powerful showers"?

OP
Alan Wright

Alan Wright

Official Sponsor
sorry, what i mean is the boiler is rated at 9.5 litre per min hot water and its actually getting about 8.5 at the hot water tap on bath, shower is a bath tap mixer type. prob is when you turn on the cold water, you get more "power" but water goes cold, im guessing because mains feed cold. So should i fit a 8ltr flow restrictor on the cold and one of your pumps on the hot and it will give me a "better, more powerful showers"?
I do not think it will work for you because the problem seems to be that the boiler (an instantaneous heating boiler), cannot heat the water quick enough. You do not have a pressure problem but a capacity problem and my pumps (no pumps), can solve that.

G

Gemmot

OMD, this would be absolutely ideal for a project i'm thinking of doing - installing a shower in our main bathroom which doesnt have a shower at present. Fingers crossed!

Lou

Lou

-
Staff member
Admin
Hope the competition is going well Alan!

Reply to 6 Shower Power Boosters Give Away Competition in the Forum Sponsor News / Offers area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads