Discuss manuals on tablet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attach my kindle to the pc and then just copy the files directly from the pc drive or an external one. I have never found a way for the kindle to browse an external source directly but it appears in explorer as a drive so you can copy to it.

mine only 8gb so going to have to find away soon

I just download as I go. If I come across a boiler I need the manual for, download it and save it using PDFexpert which ins a great app. Job done. No point holding manuals for every boiler if you never come across them IMO.

hi just bought a kindle fire hoping to put manuals on it.if i go onto boiler manufacturers site i can down load manuals and they open but if i go on to a.ratedmanual site they download but wont open from there can any one advise i am ok on laptop but this thing is testing my patience

ant

Have the Kindle fire HD and its been a doddle downloading manuals for showers unvented cylinders etc. Get yourself an office application app such as office pro.Download the material you want, click on the office pro programme and it will show the downloaded document saved to the documents file. Do what you want from there.

Bob

i dont think you could get enough words on the average sized tablet even if you use both sides.

v0_prodweb.jpg

hahaha magic !

I attach my kindle to the pc and then just copy the files directly from the pc drive or an external one. I have never found a way for the kindle to browse an external source directly but it appears in explorer as a drive so you can copy to it.
how did you get your kindle to connect via usb my computer windows 7 recognises it as a media playing device only and there is no driver to install kindle said to do factory reset but i will loose everything - been told it wont connect to pc without an androide driver any ideas how to do

Go to computer from the start menu, where you see kindle as a portable media player just double click the icon and it should open up an internal storage icon, double click that and then you will get a list of folders, go to the documents folder and copy and paste your manuals folder over to it.

Good Luck

Go to computer from the start menu, where you see kindle as a portable media player just double click the icon and it should open up an internal storage icon, double click that and then you will get a list of folders, go to the documents folder and copy and paste your manuals folder over to it.

Good Luck

kindle only shows up in devices and printers as undefined device wont show on my computer says driver missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to manuals on tablet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back