Search the forum,

Discuss manuals on tablet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

hi just bought a kindle fire hoping to put manuals on it.if i go onto boiler manufacturers site i can down load manuals and they open but if i go on to a.ratedmanual site they download but wont open from there can any one advise i am ok on laptop but this thing is testing my patience

ant

I put manuals on my iPad using Dropbox and then opened them and saved them as favourites and then they always open. Not too sure about the kindle but I would imagine it will work the same.
good luck

i dont think you could get enough words on the average sized tablet even if you use both sides.

v0_prodweb.jpg

Look for Gas Installers Workmate, have it on my iPad and it has about 4,000 manuals I think.

I'm thinking of buying a Nexus 7 tablet for exactly this purpose.
Has anybody used one?

i have my manuals on a 7" tab, works ok but its sometimes a hard read. If your going to use it alot id def suggest a 10" screen as you can read pdf alot better on them.

Look for Gas Installers Workmate, have it on my iPad and it has about 4,000 manuals I think.

they've just released an update taking it to 5k and also added a search feature using G.C numbers, cracking app

Last edited:
hi just bought a kindle fire hoping to put manuals on it.if i go onto boiler manufacturers site i can down load manuals and they open but if i go on to a.ratedmanual site they download but wont open from there can any one advise i am ok on laptop but this thing is testing my patience

ant
I think the kindle and ratedmanual may be using different file types one may be pdf the other not you may be able to convert the file type ,your lap top may have more programs that can deal with different file types ,i was thinking of doing the same but have not done so yet

I think the kindle and ratedmanual may be using different file types one may be pdf the other not you may be able to convert the file type ,your lap top may have more programs that can deal with different file types ,i was thinking of doing the same but have not done so yet
managed to get aroud it by loading a file manager app works with all files now gives option to open in kindle or pdf

I use the ipad, getting them on is a bit of a pain as I had to set up a local web server with the pdfs on. Then browse to the local ip address and file name and it will open on the ipad and appear on the bookshelf for off line reading. Not the most seamless of actions. Will be interested to hear how others get on as I am sure I have made hard work of this. My kindle old school is poor at pdfs which made me go the ipad route. Hope the new one is better.

still trying to find a way to link my kindle to an ext hard drive

Iv got a samsung galaxy 2 tab for this and its the business i got cd's from ebay contains 4500 manuals and just downloaded them to it

still trying to find a way to link my kindle to an ext hard drive

I attach my kindle to the pc and then just copy the files directly from the pc drive or an external one. I have never found a way for the kindle to browse an external source directly but it appears in explorer as a drive so you can copy to it.

I attach my kindle to the pc and then just copy the files directly from the pc drive or an external one. I have never found a way for the kindle to browse an external source directly but it appears in explorer as a drive so you can copy to it.

mine only 8gb so going to have to find away soon

I just download as I go. If I come across a boiler I need the manual for, download it and save it using PDFexpert which ins a great app. Job done. No point holding manuals for every boiler if you never come across them IMO.

ant

Have the Kindle fire HD and its been a doddle downloading manuals for showers unvented cylinders etc. Get yourself an office application app such as office pro.Download the material you want, click on the office pro programme and it will show the downloaded document saved to the documents file. Do what you want from there.

Bob

how did you get your kindle to connect via usb my computer windows 7 recognises it as a media playing device only and there is no driver to install kindle said to do factory reset but i will loose everything - been told it wont connect to pc without an androide driver any ideas how to do

Go to computer from the start menu, where you see kindle as a portable media player just double click the icon and it should open up an internal storage icon, double click that and then you will get a list of folders, go to the documents folder and copy and paste your manuals folder over to it.

Good Luck

Go to computer from the start menu, where you see kindle as a portable media player just double click the icon and it should open up an internal storage icon, double click that and then you will get a list of folders, go to the documents folder and copy and paste your manuals folder over to it.

Good Luck

kindle only shows up in devices and printers as undefined device wont show on my computer says driver missing

well tried the kindle on my sons 5 year old windows xp computer and it works on there - plug it into my 12 month old windows 7 laptop and it cant find the kindle driver or mtd file .amazon want to send me a new one but got to give credit card details incase i dont send old one back or it goes missing in post - dont want to do that (they say could be the kindle software) - why cant they just email me the driver and mdt file .i may need the gasmansd axe is the thing is doing my head in

Have you tried re booting the kindle and then connecting to pc again. If that doesnt work, re boot the pc worth the kindle still connected. One of those scenarios can sometimes prompt the drivers to re install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to manuals on tablet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all great site, I've just moved house and am taking my wood stove boiler with me as it's only a couple of years old, it has 4 outlets on back, 2 for hot and 2 for cold, my new house has an open fire and has been used to heat both hot water and rads, but only has 2 outlets, can I T the 2 top...
Replies
Views
Following on from my question about monitoring F & R temperatures, I needed a measuring device because the overheat stat. frequently trips and then needs to be reset. It normally happens when the boiler has switched off and is no doubt due to the hot water rising to the top of the boiler, but I...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and I believe, they are decommissioning the back boiler. I have only discovered today there is no access to the water jacket, so will it be good enough...
Replies
Views
Hi all We have a Vaillant turbomax plus 828e combi which we found powered off a few days ago. Turns out the 2a glass fuse on the PCB had gone. Replaced and it turns back on but as soon as you start the hot water or heating, it pops again within a few seconds I have looked as the pump and can...
Replies
Views
Seems strange and I may be reading the MI wrong but i dont understand how the return pipe seems to be hotter than the flow. I have a Vailant EcoTec 438 conventional condensing boiler. Here's a photo of the install. You can see the plumber put a Magnaclean on what i thought is the return flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock