Discuss 3 port valve problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that's your perogitive however when these things aren't plumbed in properly it sets alarm bells ringing. Not to sound too drama queen but unvented cylinders are literally a bomb which can take out your roof/house wall if they aren't installed correctly. I'm not necessarily saying to raise the illegality but rather concerns about yours and your families safety. Up to you though if course

Sorry, my response wasn't meant to be dismissive of your suggestion. Beyond fixing the 3 port issue of course safety is of concern. Will probably get it reviewed by a third party expert given that it raises concerns with experienced engineers on this forum. If unsafe then it should be rectified.

it wont work right until its put right bud.. we cant help you one here anymore than we already have.. you do need to get a fella in.

Personally I'd tell them you're getting someone in who knows what they are doing and you'll send them the bill. It's a waste of time otherwise.

And if the installer wasn't G3 you won't get the building regs certificate....you'll need that in the event of an insurance claim or when you sell the property

An update on the 3 port valve after having a spare 5 mins to investigate. It is a 3-port 3-position valve, Honeywell V4073A. I think that perhaps means that it can be in a closed position, with no flow to cylinder or rads?

In that case the system may be OK from an architecture perspective. I'm fairly sure the installer would be qualified otherwise they wouldn't have accepted the job, knowing that they couldn't gain sign-off.

Perhaps back to electrical connectivity?

Irrespective, hopefully both disciplines will get together soon to resolve.

Last edited:
A three way valve can only shut one port. Change the valve and problem solved

Don't take people at their word mate people will say they have any qualification to get a job sometimes there are thousands of illegal gas fitters so working on the unvented cylinder would seem less risky to some of these uninitiated people. Any installer who is qualified would never have a problem with providing you with details of their qualification. Be it a gas safe card or a G3 card. Unfortunately there are people out there that will just lie to you.

Do as Howsie said and get somebody qualified in to do it and bill the original company as by the sound of it they have had ample opportunity to get it right

Two port valve that fails in closed position necessary on primary flow to cylinder this is a safety matter irrespective of how well system is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 port valve problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock