Search the forum,

Discuss 23mm overflow? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Put a boiler in this week and positioned it nicely to use the old condense thats run behind plasterboard but ended up snapping it if at the elbow, no probs I'll cut a neat hole and connect onto the pipe with an elbow.
WTF is 23mm overflow! I can't get anything on it, too tight for mechanical adapter.
I ordered a polypipe pushfit condense elbow thinking it would be rubberised (they're not).
I tried heating and 'swaging' normal 21.5mm.
I can get an adapter but to get it in I'll need to remove some mosaic tiles :-/
Any tricks with this one?
I'm back on Friday to replace the very ropey condense to sink arrangement- I nearly cried 🤣

Heat it up and swage the end as it’s slightly bigger shouldn’t be too hard

Thanks. I can get a straight weld adapter, just need to take a couple of tiles out and open up the wall, I think that's the way its going.
Could use a rubber condense elbow off a baxi but don't like the idea as won't be accessible.

Thanks Scott, that's actually what I got.
Took out a couple of tiles to expose the pipe, cut it and then realised just below was another fitting so I couldn't get it on fully.
Sometimes it just doesn't go your way.
Its on and only time will tell if its on enough 😬

Reply to 23mm overflow? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock