Discuss 22mm toilet overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
On your other point of the height of syphon making the handle sit at an angle - This is incorrect, as what you can use is a longer link wire, which you can buy at DIY & merchants.
A Dudley height adjustable syphon can be set for correct height. If you set it at a low enough height for internal overflowing, then make sure it is perfect by overflowing the cistern to check water level doesn't reach handle or other holes.

I've tried about 3 merchants - no luck! That was plumbase, plumb centre and another.. No joy! Not many local type firms round these parts now. The other part they offered me was a ideal standard type - totally wrong.

Is there a national firm that has these available do you know?

Also, assume I have to get the 9.5" siphon?

Lower syphon will be fine as it just means the water level has to be a lower max level, but that won't matter in your toilet & probably can be to normal water line anyhow. Only problem apart from link wire short is the Ballvalve arm can easily get jammed on the upper bit of the syphon as the arm moves up & down. It is a case of touching one thing causes more problems! I would tended to have just connected up the overflow pipe as that syphon you have is a good one.
But if you wish you could fit a lower syphon with a longer link wire (if needed) & possibly consider the ballvalve MIGHT have to be replaced with a vertical fill valve like a Fluidmaster or similar.

As part of my education just how many different types of donuts are there ?

Here's a twyfords one :tounge_smile: There's loads mate

twyfords_doughnut.jpg

How I sometimes wish for the old days when there was less options on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm toilet overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock