Discuss 22mm toilet overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's completely different, original was defiantly flat and allowed the cistern to sit closer to the pan. I will break something if I do it any tighter! [emoji38]

It fits the nut perfectly because that`s pretty much a standard size but with so many different close coupling toilets on the market now welll ......

You`ve got 61 posts now so you should be able to post photographs which always help the guy`s to help you quickly. Personaly I`ve never cut a donut but perhaps others will say differently.

The cistern doesn't need to sit right against the pan, the donut stops any water getting past and coming out of the gap.
As long as the donut seals the part where the tail of the flush goes into the hole in the pan you don't need to tighten any further.

Just wondering now if the donut could be upside down.

Trouble is, the holes in the wall are not in line with the doughnut. Here is a picture, original on left...
7dd7c123ae9a3f9e2d0201ef4de0bcfa.jpg

Hope you meant original on right. Looks like a normal donut to me thats been compressed.
The face of the donut that`s resting on the floor goes against the bottom of the cistern so that the concoured face of the donut goes in to the toilet pan and tighten the nut`s.

Doh, yes original on right!
The orientation I fitted it in was as you state - but it's too tall compared to the original, and where the holes are in the tiled wall!

I assume I need a 9.5" siphon as per original, as the 9" appears to set the handle at an angle.

62a350a6993f95cab0df6c808c03e626.jpg

I didn't think using the original toilet would give me such an ache!

I think the original washer was a flat washer & not domed. They go the shape yours has got (with tapered outer edge & ridge in centre), when fitted. Go and buy a flat washer from merchants.

I think the original washer was a flat washer & not domed. They go the shape yours has got (with tapered outer edge & ridge in centre), when fitted. Go and buy a flat washer from merchants.

I live n learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm toilet overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock