Discuss 22mm toilet overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trev78

Hi all,

Just on the last knockings of my bathroom refurb.

I need to extend the 22mm plastic overflow pipe to the toilet. I assumed this was 21.5mm until I tried some solvent weld fittings that were overly tight.

Where can I get fittings at 22mm? Are they solvent weld or some kind of push fit?

Many thanks!

Trev

Any good merchant should be able to help you out. Either with compressions or 21.5-22 reducers

Any good merchant should be able to help you out. Either with compressions or 21.5-22 reducer solvent weld

You might be better off changing the siphon in the cistern to a siphon including an integral overflow so that the water overflows down the pan if the inlet valve fails. Much better job.

Thanks guys. Is the integral overflow siphon available for a closed coupled, old (victorian) style toilet?? Internal cistern height is 11" (about 280mm).

There are a couple of alternatives but again a good merchant should be able to guide you. If you can post a couple of snaps someone on here could probably recommend

Does this look ok? http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/opella-dual-flush-siphon/20824#product_additional_details_container

Is there a cap I can buy for the wall end of the overflow? I've already done the tiling and the pipe is poking out of the wall!!

If it's a push button type bang a fluidmaster siphon in there.
For handle types I've been using the following lately, the adjustable height is good for getting the overflow level spot on.
Skylo Dual Flush Height Adjustment Syphon | Toolstation

You can get white 22mm solvent weld stop ends to cap off your overflow, but if I were you I'd fix the overflow for the price of a connector, I think it will look better than a pointless pipe poking out of the wall. :)

I think I have fixed the overflow issue now. Next challenge is the doughnut seal in the new coupling kit is too thick. Fits the nut perfectly. Can this be cut down as the original was a lot thinner and allowed the cistern to sit correctly on the back of the pan.
The second issue is the siphon. Original was 9.5", been sold a 9" Dudley turbo 88. Will this work ok? Will the flush handle sit correctly?

Remember the old donut has been compressed for some time that why it looks wrong.

Think the 88 is adjustable for height.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm toilet overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock