Discuss Expired flux keep it bin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all, Found 6 tubs of flux but they’ve all expired last year can you still use it or shall I just them away ?

Cheers

Tin of Fluxite at college. Gone thick, lid missing and rusty nail in the middle for some reason (the Level 1 students ?).

Worked very well.

Its main purpose is to stop the oxidation so I would have thought it shouldn't matter about shelf life if you think back to lead soldering wipe joints we used to use tallow,

While we're on about flux - what's the best??
1) Laco
2) Powerflow
3) do you remember that Yorkshire one in the green & white tub - it had a distinctive smell? Is it still available?

... and how many of you use lead solder where you can i.e. for gas and heating?
I remember lead solder performing so much better than todays 'lead free' with silver alloyed in :)

laco and unleaded, i was a powerflow guy but its too bitty on the fittings when your trying to fit them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expired flux keep it bin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock