Currently reading:
Expired flux keep it bin

Discuss Expired flux keep it bin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all, Found 6 tubs of flux but they’ve all expired last year can you still use it or shall I just them away ?

Cheers

I have left Fluxite, Laco, and Everflux on a pipe for a week (as an experiment) to see how corrosivethey were. No green whatsoever on Fluxite, but still greasy (wet?). The Laco and Everflux had dried, but the pipe was heavily greened. I would not say Laco is non-corrosive, based on this.

The grease based Fluxite won’t be too corrosive, even if left on pipes for years, but I always clean it all off after soldering.
The Everflux is terrible and eats into the pipe. I hate it and never would use it. I regard it as pure acid and that probably explains why it is supposed to work on uncleaned fittings. I heard it can attack the solder and I have come across lots of fittings that have dry looking solder and some leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expired flux keep it bin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock