Discuss working out of scope in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

so, what does this mean?.

you can dibble a little bit as long as you dont change anything.
not allowed to touch, or what?.

basically, can anyone expand on the subject ie;

you want to repair back boiler but dont have htr1 ticket so cant take off one gas union to move the fire off.

previous post earlier=, you have most other tickets but you dont have a ckr1 ticket so you cant put a bayonet fitting on a new cooker because its outside your scope?.

what is the procedure or punishment if your 'pulled' for working outside the scope and where is the line drawn?:44:

p.s i am not talking obvious here like fitting fires if you only have cooker ticket!

Last edited by a moderator:
the procedure for punishment is knacker removal the line as gassafe would unhelpfully say is what you think it is

i suspect there is loads of people working out of scope ,This should change next year if you dont have a cpa1 you cannot work on boilers as of next year

All these questions about GasSafe!!! Can you service your own boiler, can you work out of scope, can you do this, can you do that.

I blame health and safety, the trades unions, the insurance companies, the lawyers and all those people who have fluffy dice in their windscreens.

I'm glad I'm with OFTEC (and the Woolwich). I know there are less of us but at least OFTEC makes it clear to us what we can do, what we can't do, and if we're not sure they make us buy half a library and teach us where we're likely to find the answer. Also, they know the answer without having to ask someone else for an opinion.

you have your ccn1 and were assessed on cookers, and fires but didnt do the element.

You may have the boiler element so what use was the fires buit etc in the ACS? i was told its for relighting, if you change the boiler you need to reestablish supplies to other appliances, you need to have the skills

Hmmm, I had a similar issue or question a few months ago....
Called the gods in the GSR for advise and came off the phone non the wiser or maybe worse off as the dead pan chap was as helpfull as 18yr old Halfords employee!
All he basically done was quote BS numbers and paraphrases which are as clear as mud...
Dare I ask for a more detailed explaination or can he re-phrase it in his understanding, I did and the robot just continued to repeat the same BS.. :crazy:

i was working with a gas fitter and we worked out of scope without realising, gas safe local rep (what ever he calls himself, jumped up little bloke) visited today as someone reported us and threated will take action and kick mate off gas safe register if we step out of line again

i was working with a gas fitter and we worked out of scope without realising, gas safe local rep (what ever he calls himself, jumped up little *****) visited today as someone reported us and threated will take action and kick mate off gas safe register if we step out of line again

fill us in with the rest of the details on this one,
how does a competant and qualified guy "accidently" work on an appliance he has no ticket for?
who knew you were not competant?
why did someone report you?
why is he a jumped up little bloke if all he done was advise a RGI if they work out of scope again they will get into trouble?
what action did he take after catching you working illegally this time? as those who paid for their tickets (like your mate) want action taken against those who work illegally and therefore gain an unfair advantage over those who dont break the law

so, like i said, if you service a baxi bermuda 552 boiler which is behind the fire and if you dont have a fire ticket does this stop you taking the fire of to service the boiler and putting the fire back on?.
i know the answer but like an opinion.

Fire and bbu are classed as one unit. You don't need a fires ticket to work on them.
'ears ***** up' ...... interesting, which is it under then tamz, fire or boiler ticket?. expand all your knowledge on this please as i have been told other.

Covered by cen1. The fire and boiler is a combined unit. Testing of the fire is done through the boiler. There is no other way to incorrectly fit or test the fire than through the boiler so you need a boiler ticket.

Don't know how it would be if the bbu was decommissioned. Never thought of that until now.

How can you replace the fire back in its opening and prove its working ok after the works.

Surely you wouldn't need to do all relevant gas fire safety checks.

I would say you have to have both.

now we are where i was aiming. is or int?. i need help here as i have 5 units on back load and given 3 away cause i am not too sure and not got a fire ticket.
like you say tamz, its either a fire or part of the boiler and without the boiler, is it a fire??????/.
clear as mud to me:-{ and sods law i didnt need one and now i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to working out of scope in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock