Discuss Worcester heat exchanger baffles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayplumber

Gas Engineer
Went to service worcester 18 ri found the casing red hot the burner seal had gone so decided to do a strip down service as the fan pressure was -4.

Removed fan bum, burner, top baffle but could not get bottom baffle out was on with it for 3 hours tried bicarb and water as Worcester said this might shift it but still no joy, called worcester they said the heat cell must be changed.

The customer has decided to go for a new vaillant 430 instead of replacing the heat cell.

I was wondering if any one else has came across this if so what did they do about it many thanks Ray

I would have done the service but left the bottom baffle as is... The main fault was the leaking red seal I guess!

Did you have the service kit which helps pull the baffle out?

yes i had the service kit but that bottom baffle was stuck hard also the fan pressure was not right so could not leave it as it was

Had this on the kebab shaped hear exchanger, innards had deformed and could see ribbing on the exchanger, lack of proper servicing and a dirty system killed it.

prob just jammed with aluminum oxide particles you have two options pull it out when its hot or take the heat cell out and have full access to remove it

IMG_5269.JPG

thats the picture of it defo has not been getting serviced properly guy who did it last year must not have checked the fan pressure

WB Fixed price repair £270 practically replaced everything including heat ex I charged customer fee for diagnosing and liaising with WB

I had one of these stuck last week. If it is just ali oxide holding it in could one pour a kettle of boiling water down it to free it off?

i will have to look into the worcester fixed price repair is it available to all boilers and all customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester heat exchanger baffles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock