Discuss wickes combi 82 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

went to this tonight seems like aps fault but can any one tell me one of the aps pipes goes fro the fan to a tee ontotp of the boiler then onto the aps .the t part is open ended is this correct or should it have a cap

Probably got knocked off if they store stuff above it.

cheers mate it did work when I plugged it with my finger - but they said no one has ever been up ontop of the boiler .boiler fired when I removed front cover will have to think what I can plug it with as I doudt I will get one from parts supplier

went to this tonight seems like aps fault but can any one tell me one of the aps pipes goes fro the fan to a tee ontotp of the boiler then onto the aps .the t part is open ended is this correct or should it have a cap

It should have a black cap ontop of it. Like a cap on a worcester fan test point. It's a flue sample point. If you take it off and run the boiler, it will go straight to lock out.

Im sure wickes boilers are re badged halsteads

Last edited:
I'll probably get shot down for this but as a temp blutack..Had to do it before.

It would definitely work :)

But, I personally woukdnt do it, as far as that customer is aware the boiler is working and they might not let you in to put things right, then you've for a potentially ID situation on your hands that you've caused :(

Was cap original problem Buckley ?

Was cap original problem Buckley ?

was called to it not working hot water and htg stopped - removed cover and boiler fired - checked aps and tubes and noticed the tee bit and no cap put finger over tee and boiler worked so assume that was it - fitted a piece of aps tube and doubled it over with cable tie for now .trying to source cap

was called to it not working hot water and htg stopped - removed cover and boiler fired - checked aps and tubes and noticed the tee bit and no cap put finger over tee and boiler worked so assume that was it - fitted a piece of aps tube and doubled it over with cable tie for now .trying to source cap
Not sure if it applies but a dust cap fits some of em. Or even a domed nut like some ideals have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wickes combi 82 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock