Currently reading:
Where does the time go!

Discuss Where does the time go! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Celebrating my eldest's 2nd birthday today.

been up since the break of dawn getting ready for everyone coming over whilst stealing a few precious moments with him myself.

got the first BBQ of the year in the bag and had an amazing day watching Thomas play with all his friends. Truly one of the simplest pleasures in life watching him interact and run around like a loon whilst reflecting back on everything from the moment I found out the wife was pregnant, the day he joined us, his first words, first steps and first drawing on the kitchen wall to his first father son outing to the cafe.

but also the little bit of me that cuts inside when I think how much I've missed and how much I'm going to miss over the coming years after all we can't be there all the time, bills need to be payed and the house needs to be kept!

have to say the wife is doing a first rate job with those boys!

Where does the time go though. Within that 2 years I've purchased our first home and renovated it. Got married toa wonderful women (although I'll never admit it to her) set up shop on my own, said a very sad and sudden good bye to my dad and welcomed Christopher (our second family addition) into the world.

i think this year I'll try to have a quiet one lol

all I know is this..... If I achieve nothing else in this life and had to exit it tomorrow Id go a happy man whilst I know both the kids are young they by far will always be my greatest achievements. And I'm 100% sure they will turn out to be everything I would want and more. I look forward to being left in ore of what they are both yet to do and succeed in.

so that people is my thought for the day

Yeh. And DONT let them in van. I get in and he wants to get in van or fix boilers. It's lovely. Also points out every "gas saver" (GS logo) knows inside of a boiler now tho. He's two and probably shame some level twos!

Yeh. And DONT let them in van. I get in and he wants to get in van or fix boilers. It's lovely. Also points out every "gas saver" (GS logo) knows inside of a boiler now tho. He's two and probably shame some level twos!

Daddy van, daddy van, daddy van. Daddy work shop.....all day! Not got the gas saver yet but he is obsessed with tractors, lorries and bob. Has his own tool kit... Drill boat level screwdrivers etc and loves sitting up front in the cab or running around the back whilst I'm cleaning it out. To me and you it's just work but to them it's a mysterious place we disappear to everyday so you can understand the excitement.

I can remember back when I was about 9/10 years old my dad was the only one with a lorry! How cool was I turning up to school in that! So I can kind of see the fascination with it all

Last edited:
Again you change and get over it very quick my advise do as many as you can when they are first born then slowly ease off as you introduce actual food that's when I let the wife take over nappy duty.

Trust me if you have to do nappies the first 3 months is when you want to do them!

And how you turn round to get the wipes and suddenly it's up the walls, floors and sofa and you are thinking how?

Again you change and get over it very quick my advise do as many as you can when they are first born then slowly ease off as you introduce actual food that's when I let the wife take over nappy duty.

Trust me if you have to do nappies the first 3 months is when you want to do them!

The wife keeps telling me when they go on solids the poo's are really really stinky. And even the look of them is enough encouragement for a gag reflex

The wife keeps telling me when they go on solids the poo's are really really stinky. And even the look of them is enough encouragement for a gag reflex

Nobody warns you! No one tells you! It just happens.

3 months in you think this isn't so bad I'm used to it now I can do this! Then a few weeks later you introduce baby led weaning and boom! It's all levels of wrong there's raisins in it it's a lot wetter and smellier.... You learn why the nappy needs to be fitted securely, because if you don't it CAN and WILL run and projectile straight out of every possible opening on that nappy

Haha yes where does the time go, our eldest was 32 on Wednesday, and I can honestly remember the day he was born as if it was yesterday

Nobody warns you! No one tells you! It just happens.

3 months in you think this isn't so bad I'm used to it now I can do this! Then a few weeks later you introduce baby led weaning and boom! It's all levels of wrong there's raisins in it it's a lot wetter and smellier.... You learn why the nappy needs to be fitted securely, because if you don't it CAN and WILL run and projectile straight out of every possible opening on that nappy

Agh mate, please stop. I am nearly gagging just thinking about it.

Oh it gets worse, wait till there on solids and then get a dose of the runs!

It doesn't matter you just do it without giving it a thought all is forgiven and forgotten when you see all the innocence the world has to offer in moments like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 32

I once knocked on my neighbours door with Eloise at arms length.

"Please fix this, it smells, it must be broken........."

Luckily she'd heard countless stories regarding my legendary weak stomach concerning horrible nappies........

Luckily she'd heard countless stories regarding my legendary weak stomach concerning horrible nappies........

That is hilarious. I shall have to try that one

that is a proper dad moment you know home made car seats and DIY hair cut sort of dad moment

Good lad give her one from the team!

actually no that's just odd and a bit creepy but now the thoughts in your head enjoy!

Did it!!! No, I am only joking. But, 1 minite in heaven is better than no minutes in heaven

This year just keeps getting better, my bird is pregnant an liverpool fc are bloody flying
Have to say Liverpool are probably my fave club besides my own, gerrard is one of my heroes, love Suarez, sterling is a rangers boy and Rodgers is doing things the right way. You have the best fans in the prem by a country mile, really hope you win it mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where does the time go! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back