Discuss What makes vaillant so good ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

loosenyourmoose

Hi All,

I have asked the question, can someone give me an answer please ??? Many people are raving about them but are there or are there not just as good boilers from different manufacturers ???

Would appreciate some feedback !!!!

Regards.

Out of interest , what pipes are we talking about here, on which boilers? Just so I know what to look out for,as I've said I've fitted mainly Ecotec Pros' and Plus combi & system boilers, only problem Ive had is a leaking condensate trap on a Ecotec Plus 415 out of about 30 odd so far, but if they're problematic I want to know.

They are on the combis, dont know about others. They are on the sides off the heat exchanger connections. Never seen one leak nor ever been told of one by any other fitters untill now.

They are not problomatic or we would have numerous posts on here asking for advice, there is not one.

Last edited:
They are on the combis, dont know about others. They are on the sides off the heat exchanger connections. Never seen one leak nor ever been told of one by any other fitters untill now.

They are not problomatic or we would have numerous posts on here asking for advice, there is not one.

If the hoses are not problematic why is there a specific mod kit to fix the problem?

Show me all the people with the problem, none of us but you have ever came across any.
I fitted these for 3 years, most weeks I fitted 2-5 of them. I reckon that is more than enough to base my experience on them and say no problems and very good boilers.

Show me all the people with the problem, none of us but you have ever came across any.
I fitted these for 3 years, most weeks I fitted 2-5 of them. I reckon that is more than enough to base my experience on them and say no problems and very good boilers.

I averagely repair 35 boilers a wk, I'd say I come accross more faults than u do. Trust me, there's a telescopic mod kit (2 copper pipes and a few orings) to replace the rubber hose and connecting copper pipes.

I would say I have fitted more than you have, and I fit them for myself. If anybody has a problem it is me who they ring.
Never had a call = Very good boiler.
We all have our opinions and only you seem to have seen these problems on her, not one other person.
I dont doubt there is a mod kit, but I doubt how many are used.

I would say I have fitted more than you have, and I fit them for myself. If anybody has a problem it is me who they ring.
Never had a call = Very good boiler.
We all have our opinions and only you seem to have seen these problems on her, not one other person.
I dont doubt there is a mod kit, but I doubt how many are used.

U most certainly do fit more boilers than I do going by your no.s.
Stop taking this like Im verbally berating ur mother or nan. It's a boiler haha.

Point is, rubber hose equals cheap and nasty, vokera have dabbled in this area recently on the newer lineas/mynutes etc, I've came accross leaking rubber hoses on these aswell. I wouldnt go on about it if I didn't come accross this on a Vaillant, it just got up my nose about its great build quality when clearly its not the case (in my experience).

Well that decended into a row pretty quickly. I personally don't think Vailants are head and shoulders above some of the other good manufacturers. Everyone wanted WB for the past few years. They were living off their old reputation for quality and their current boilers aren't well made. Plastic fantastic. If plastic will do in place of metal, what ever it may be they fit it, and save themselves a couple of pence.

Last edited:
Well that decended into a row pretty quickly. I personally don't think Vailants are head and shoulders above some of the other good manufacturers. Everyone wanted WB for the past few years. They were living off their old reputation for quality and their current boilers aren't well made. Plastic fantastic. If plastic will do in place of metal, what ever it may be they fit it, and save themselves a couple of pence.

I think most people agree WB are not that good, but this post will tell us all that most think Vaillant are either good or very good, exept for the one who seems to have found every bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What makes vaillant so good ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock