Discuss what boiler to buy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 2 'kids' 29 and 25 both still at home, although the 29 year old spends most of the week at his girlfriends, the 25 year old daughter loves baths when she come home from work, the reason i am leaning towards a regular boiler is the life span, my old one was old when i moved in 26 years ago, every plumber spoken to on site recommend using a standard regular boiler because of this, what i could save in running costs are outweighed by replacing a combi after say 10 years

Make sure the fitter knows what boiler to chose, does it have pump over run? pay a little extra and get a magnaclean fitted.

Well they do come with a dhw control for a while now didn't you know?. I've been servicing and repairing them on our patch for the last 8 years and they are great. Compared to other 28kw combi boilers they are reliable and efficient.

No not installed one for years. Not worked on a junior with dhw control on it. I used to work for a firm that installed 100 or so Worcesters a year and the same with Vaillant I got fed up of going out to them in warranty for leaks and my van stock used to consist of a couple of manifolds, a fan and a Pcb for them as I found all of them to go quite regular. The vaillants I found I got through loads of pressure sensors, pumps, diverter valves and rubber hoses.

I think if you look at it if you are looking at a worcester 28i junior then a Baxi duotec is a better boiler cheaper and a longer warranty. If you are hell bent on fitting a worcester go for the CDI but then your talking a lot more money.

How do you work that out? Have you never seen the inside of a greenstar after 5-6 years most look knackered. I wouldn't go for the junior either unless they now come with temperature control for the dhw!

Well they do come with a dhw control for a while now didn't you know? I've been servicing and repairing them on our patch for the last 8 years and they are great. Compared to other 28kw combi boilers they are reliable and efficient.

can anyone give me advice on a system boiler? i dont know what they are like in comparison to a regular heat only boiler, also my plumber came back with the price of a boiler from plumb base and even he was shocked, are the online suppliers ok to use?, e.g mr central heating and plumb nation to name just 2?
apologies for so many questions, buying a boiler costs a lot and i dont want to make a mistake with a lot of money at stake

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what boiler to buy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock