Discuss What a spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are good i have ditched my Bahco's and switched to them with the build quality of the new Bahco's which I keep breaking had to search for something new.
I'm loving them Knipex plier wrenches wish I knew of them earlier.

Product codes out of knipex catalogue.

9162e5dfa3e8763d000cfa75f5d803f6.jpg

Product codes out of knipex catalogue.

9162e5dfa3e8763d000cfa75f5d803f6.jpg

I bought the small one a while back, I was so impressed with it I ended up buying all the other sizes too, ended up spending well over £200 on spanners.

The only thing I don't like about them is the little bit that sticks out, if your tightening say a rad valve, it might get stuck on the corner of the rad.

I bought the small one a while back, I was so impressed with it I ended up buying all the other sizes too, ended up spending well over £200 on spanners.

The only thing I don't like about them is the little bit that sticks out, if your tightening say a rad valve, it might get stuck on the corner of the rad.

I keep talking myself out of buying them all. I started with the small as well and bought a couple off the larger sizes later.
Something tells me I won't resist for long though.

Was going to get a pair of these, but got a boiler coming from Williams on Monday so I'll wait and see if I get lucky

Was going to get a pair of these, but got a boiler coming from Williams on Monday so I'll wait and see if I get lucky
Or just pay £6 and guarantee it!
I don't know where everyone believes that I got the spanner for free.:wazzzup:

Got a pair of them from Toolstation about 4 years ago I believe.

I brought one of those from hps about 3 years ago now, I think it was a today's tools thing, really wanted It but I found it kinda gimmicky?

Hi Ermintrude, new member here bad boy plumber. I keep seeing your name crop up, you know your stuff!!! I just noticed your post showing you've got the knipex wrench with the flat jaws, I had 1 of these and the mechanism that moves the bottom jaw kept getting jammed up with crud and getting sticky so I ended up chucking em and going back to the grips and adjustable spanner option for reliability..... But a couple of months ago I was in my local PTS when a rep managed to talk me into buying a similar version from those new guys Nerrad called a VBW.
I walked away inking I'd fallen for the old salesman 1-2 step, but I've got to say, I'm impressed! I'm a new build site plumber so admittedly my tools do take a beating, but after 2-3 months in my dirty dusty told bag the Nerrad version hasn't put a foot wrong!!!
If you find your knipex start getting sticky don't give up on the smooth jaw wrenches coz they're bloody handy, just give the Nerrad 1's a try. You'll be surprised!!
Anyway, good luck buddy! Keep the quality posts coming, & I'll keep an eye out for you.
Bad boy - out!

Noticed sticking but love knipex Cobras , I wipe a bit of copper grease on them and they are away. Don't normally do clean either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What a spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back