Search the forum,

Discuss JG Speedfit compatibility in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Are JG Speed fit fittings compatible with most 15mm plastic pipe?
I want to swap out the tees and replace with JG Speedfit. Mainly because I'm not happy with the Flexi hose going into the back of the shower mixer valve. I want to remove the Flexi, fit a new one with an 90 elbow on the end, from which a short length of pipe will feed the mixer valve. I thought this would be a lot easier than trying to undo the compression fittings attached to the original tees. And easier than trying to get any new compression fittings tight.

Ignore the disconnect flexis in the pictures. The photos are from the installation of the other mixer valve on the other shower. The showers are back to back. The hole that you can see in the pictures was made when I replaced the other shower 4 years ago.
It's the Flexis currently connected that I need to deal with now

What's your thoughts?
I'm also worried about the how to stop the short length of pipe pushing back into 5he void when connecting the valve. I have one idea, but value your expertise

Ta

Attachments

• IMG_20180519_141658326.jpg
    IMG_20180519_141658326.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20180519_141646247.jpg
    IMG_20180519_141646247.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20180519_141738693.jpg
    IMG_20180519_141738693.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 6
Yes your fine aslong as you use the pipe manufacturer inserts or use copper

Reply to JG Speedfit compatibility in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock