Discuss Wet vac ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scotty plumber

Guy's, i've been plumbing for 9 and a bit years, work with about 7-8 different plumber's, but it wasn't until i got on to this forum that i have learned about the wet-vac?? Tell me more please, i do domestic plumbing like maintenance,repairs and the odd bathroom and kitchen! Thank's in advance

What all is it used for any tips???

Sucking up anything that's wet. So if you spill a lil water. Or want to remove a air lock in gravity fed pipe
Emptying a drain. Emptying a saniflow

Of course a wet vac.

How any plumber manages without one is beyond me, I would not be without mine.

no messing with bowls and bath towels for emptying rads or cutting water filled pipes, just vac it straight up.

Very handy when you cant solder for water dripping out the pipe, just stick the wet vac on the end and suck it dry! :winkiss:

They are awesome! Best use is removing rads, turn off valves, crack nut, put vac on tail and open bleed nipple. Done in two minutes! Happy Days!!!

Of course a wet vac.

How any plumber manages without one is beyond me, I would not be without mine.

no messing with bowls and bath towels for emptying rads or cutting water filled pipes, just vac it straight up.

Very handy when you cant solder for water dripping out the pipe, just stick the wet vac on the end and suck it dry! :winkiss:

so ur saying that instead of putting a bowl under the rad,, u just turn the vac on and place the nosel under the valve to catch the water? thanks

Not under the valve, but over the open tail. Undo the valve rad side, catch the drips and wait for the air lock. then pop the vac over the end and open the bleed and release the water

Not under the valve, but over the open tail. Undo the valve rad side, catch the drips and wait for the air lock. then pop the vac over the end and open the bleed and release the water

What is wrong with just undoing the nuts, putting your thumbs over the tails and lifting it out full. You can do up to a 1200 without burning your face :lol:

on some rads though, when i undo valve,, i struggle to get my finger over the tail, to stop the water as its so tight,, just dont under stand how u get the end of hoover on it..

yeah wet vacs are great, removing a toilet ?? suck out the trap and cistern

black sludge spillage ?? dont touch it get the hoover right on it

still water left in heating pipes after draining ? get the hoover on it

draining a radiator ? as said before crack the nut and put hoover beside nut the suction will still get the water

draining the remains of a cylinder or F&E tank

and so forth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet vac ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock