Search the forum,

Discuss Well that's the first time in 6 years! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Things like this really make the job and all the crap that goes with it worthwhile. We've been installing a new shower room in place of a bathroom for a nice gent this week in a posh village near Lincoln. He's done us home baked muffins and brownies on 2 days now. The 2nd last day of the job today and he insisted on taking the 3 of us out for a pie and a pint in the local village pub, at his expense, as a thanks for doing his shower room to a nice standard.

How often does that happen?? First time in 6 years for me!

That stops as soon as the wedding ring goes on doesn't it??

God looks after his own ....nice to be appreciated restores your faith a bit ...regards Turnpin:punk:

He's just trying to pluck the courage up to ask if he can pay in installments

Haha I did have a customer who tried that once! He paid in full within minutes of me emailing over the invoice. Just a really nice chap and has already invited us back to do some more work!

well done thats the ones we like to work for all the time, lol

I have never been taken out, but I have had quite a few older customers insist on me having a beer or glass of wine with them after a job has been completed as a thank you. I have also had customers cook full on dinners for me for lunch and a couple of people supply a full Chinese takeaway for lunch.

I have never been taken out, but I have had quite a few older customers insist on me having a beer or glass of wine with them after a job has been completed as a thank you. I have also had customers cook full on dinners for me for lunch and a couple of people supply a full Chinese takeaway for lunch.

I had an elderly couple who very decently insisted I took a full fry up at lunch time (in the days I ate that) Luckily I was only there for about 3 days on the job as the last day I was working slightly late to finish & they had a full dinner for me. Then I went home to another large dinner & bringing my sandwiches back as well! Nightmare!

Ive got a few repete customers that always insist on making something or provide the nice cakes on the best china, a few of the landlords we work for always take us for a fancy coffe and lunch or a pint from time to time too

Could be indeed! Or maybe even more worringly perhaps he fancies the lads that work for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Well that's the first time in 6 years! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock