Discuss water overflowing from F+E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dholi85

System layout below, pumped open vented heating system. heating is working well, all the rads are hot.

I've got a few questions I hope someone can help me clarify.

1)Is this a Fully pumped heating and hot water?

current problem;

- Water overflowing from tank in the loft
- Boiler switching on and off every 5mins or so.
- hot water not coming out instant, only luke warm but takes a min or two of running water.

What could the problem be?, i was thinking possible zone valve fault/blockage or slow running pump?

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got a ***** in the hot water cylinder, common fault on that system.

if you have a 3 port valve that would suggest a fully pumped system.
however if the diagram is accurate, then its a fully pumped nothing (the diagram is wrong)

Is the pump and 3 port in the airing cupboard, close to the hot water cylinder??
if the radiators are all hot that suggests the pump is not the problem.
either some restriction to flow through the coil, crusted gate valve (flow restrictor)
fault with 3 port (more likely to fail for heating)
faulty cylinder stat.
faulty programmer etc

if you have a 3 port valve that would suggest a fully pumped system.
however if the diagram is accurate, then its a fully pumped nothing (the diagram is wrong)

Is the pump and 3 port in the airing cupboard, close to the hot water cylinder??
if the radiators are all hot that suggests the pump is not the problem.
either some restriction to flow through the coil, crusted gate valve (flow restrictor)
fault with 3 port (more likely to fail for heating)
faulty cylinder stat.
faulty programmer etc

It was a 3 port zone valve.

The diagram could be a little wrong as i drew it from memory.

yes the pump and 3 port are both in the airing cupboard close to the cylinder.

Which one could cause the system to overheat? As the pump gets burning hot and I can't touch it, same with some of the pipe work in the airing cupboard.

Another thing that i noticed was that the bleed key on the pipe work above the zone valve doesn't release any water or air, suggesting faulty zone valve or blockage.

Thanks for the response guys

when you say overflowing, do you mean pumping over?
could be a restriction at the neutral point, test with a magnet.
pump could be gone, but you said heating is ok??

when you say overflowing, do you mean pumping over?
could be a restriction at the neutral point, test with a magnet.
pump could be gone, but you said heating is ok??

No air or water, vents blocked and pump is dry? Cut off vent and fit an auto vent with ISo in male iron so easy to change.

Diagram looks like system will never work? Think u were thinking about ***** in tank instead of how the water was ever going to flow?

Found a picture of the setup.

IMAG0878_zps298b785d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water overflowing from F+E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock