Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vokera head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamM

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Called to an 18 month old Vision 30C earlier with poor hot water. Hot water luke warm at best showing a max of 35 deg on boiler display. If slow tap to little more than a trickle the temp gets up around 60 deg eventually. No issues with heating.
Boiler fitted to an old back boiler heating system and central heating water appears clean.
To rule out div valve I isolated flow/return. Gas rate, combustion etc is spot on.
Was thinking towards a blockage of some sort.
Boiler is in warranty and will be passed to Vokera anyway.
Any thought?

What's the flow rate through the tap your testing the temp at and what is the incoming cold main temp?

Restricted it down to 10 L/min flow and it is tepid water. Turn tap down to about 2 L/min and it is hot.

could be debris in plate exchanger resulting in v. slow transfer of heat.
could be super fast forming scale in plate exchanger.
could be divertor valve not operating properly.
check ch flow pipe while hot water running if its really hot that would indicate a faulty divertor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock