Currently reading:
Vibration in floor...boiler/water heater?

Discuss Vibration in floor...boiler/water heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone offer any experienced or expert advice?

I'm being woken most nights especially around 1am and again around 4 - 6am to my floor and bed vibrating. A neighbour has said his water heater/boiler had new valve fitted. He said it's noisy but didn't think it would cause vibration in my next door flat.

It's happening now asI'm typing and I put my ear to various walls to try to locate it. The only place with any sound is next to this neighbour and there isa pressured sound in the wall.

Is this sounding like aboiler/water heater problem? If so what sort of problems are there? I'm wondering about offering to pay for my neighbour to have aplumber check the boiler, as it's affecting me, but if they checkedduring the day when there often isn't any perceived vibration, wouldthey still find a problem?

Thoughts and advicewelcome on this one. I seriously cannot sleep at night as itvibrates the whole flat and there's nowhere to place my mattress tosleep!

Put a smile on and explain it is a good opportunity to rule their flat out. Just a method of elimination and all that.

Thanks. Unfortunately I've not done it as yet. I've asked my landlady if she will come and speak to him. About a week ago the neighbour beneath him came up and almost banged his door down, swearing, telling him to 'f*cking turn your music down' etc.

So I don't want to be complaining also. But on the other hand, strong suspicion it's him now. It's been happening every morning, very early, before he goes to work.

I get the feeling he doesn't want me approaching him about it. He's calm and friendly, but avoids the subject and keeps changing the subject, as if it's not important. One morning, very early, I asked him what he had switched on, and he just started asking me if I knew who the new car was in the parking area, seemed to miss the fact that I didn't even want to be awake at that point, let alone outside investigating vibration.

My landlady is not one to back away from things, so hopefully we'll have spoken to him by the end of this week.

I just find it odd that a man is totally uninterested in what's causing a vibration in a flat right next to him (the buildings are so close you can hear one another sometimes). Most men I know would at least ask about it, but he seems to miss the seriousness of it and it's starting to bug me....it's as if he's avoiding it because he knows what it is. I know that sounds paranoid, but it's been two years before I got there, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vibration in floor...boiler/water heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock