Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vermont castings intrepid gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

justino

Hi,

My engineer is having difficulty finding parts for my gas coal effect stove.

I am looking for a thermocouple with interrupter for a Vermont Castings Intrepid Gas stove serial number 01224. The data plate also has other number 950/0096 and 63AN8790 if these are of assistance. I am loathed to scrap it for the sake of a cheapish component as it looks brand new. If one is not available for an Intrepid, would an Intrepid II part be interchangeable or alternative?

Many thanks

Yes, I have tried, but no joy, they are the same name but, a different company based in America, my fire was made by VCW which was a UK company which was acquired by Vermont. The UK company has since been sold/merged/liquidated a few times since.

What I don't quite understand is if the interrupter (measures flue gas leakage apparently) which I am told is faulty if it is a separate part or integral to the thermocouple. Would a generic one if available do the job?

I think I may have answered my own question, it looks like my flue switch which connects to the interrupter block is the faulty component. In the same way you can get generic thermocouples, can you get flue switches the same?

Thanks

Justin

your technician should be able to see if the thermocouple is a generic one and find a replacement with no problem, try another one.

Thread's worrying me now. Let your GSR worry about it. That's what you pay him for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vermont castings intrepid gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi. Can anyone help me please. I am trying to source a replacement oxypilot assembly (including thermocouple) for a Eurotech Fires Super Gas...
Replies
Views
wheeto
W
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock