Currently reading:
Unvented Cylinder Water Temp

Discuss Unvented Cylinder Water Temp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark8par

Hi all,

I will try to keep this as simple as I can.

System -
Gloworm Ultracom 30 HXI Boiler
Megaflo CL210 Unvented Cylinder

Problem - The temperature for my hot water is set to 60 degrees but it never gets over 50 degrees, I have tested the water temp at various taps and it also registers about 50 degrees. Could something on the cylinder be holding it back? I spoke to Megaflo and the advised to turn the dial up on the front (behind the flap) to 4 but this achieved nothing.

I am not planning to do anything with it myself as I am not qualified but if its a case of turning a dial, I think I can manage. It would also be nice to have an understanding what it COULD be so when I do call someone out I am not blind.

Thanks in advance

M

Attachments

• IMG_2916.JPG
    IMG_2916.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 67
Strange that someone at Megaflow advised you to try to alter the temperature.
The stored hot water should be able to come up to 65 degrees, but this will come out of taps a bit less. Do you have a blending valve fitted anywhere which could be mixing the water?
Or you have a fault with the units controls, which I don't want to mention as it needs a G3 qualified person to check which part is perhaps faulty and replace. Just get a G3 plumber to service and fix the unit

Thanks for the reply, thought it might not be so simple. How the hell do you find a G3 qualified plumber? I am struggling tbh.

Thanks M

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

It could be that you boiler thermostat is turned down hence not producing water at the correct temperature. I would advise that you do not tamper with anything on the cylinder or any other non user control. Most heating engineers are G3 qualified so you shouldn't have any trouble getting sorted

Do you have a dial on the front of the boiler, should be left hand side. Check to see if it's turned up and see what the numbers are reading on the little display.

Other than that you will need to call someone in..

Did you adjust the immersion thermostat thinking it was cylinder thermostat? Only the latter speaks to the boiler...

actually the boiler stat dosent look to be wired up at all.. Is there another cover on the cylinder?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Cylinder Water Temp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock