Discuss Unsure how to stop a leak. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the look of the picture the 15mm copper pipe into the bottom of the inlet valve is at an angle. Even though personally I do not fit Toilet inlet valves that do not have a brass shank, before buying a new one I would loosen the nut that holds the valve to the cistern, attach the valve to the 15mm copper making sure the washer inside is in good condition (if not change it) then tighten the nut back onto the cistern. This should work. Dependant on the pressure caused from the angle of the 15mm. Sorry for the long response.:D:D

From the look of the picture the 15mm copper pipe into the bottom of the inlet valve is at an angle. Even though personally I do not fit Toilet inlet valves that do not have a brass shank, before buying a new one I would loosen the nut that holds the valve to the cistern, attach the valve to the 15mm copper making sure the washer inside is in good condition (if not change it) then tighten the nut back onto the cistern. This should work. Dependant on the pressure caused from the angle of the 15mm. Sorry for the long response.:D:D

I think it just looks bad in the photo. When it was connected there's no pressure or angle on the pipe, there's actually quite a bit of movement in it. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

As long as it is straight and the washer is good it should seal nicely. But the plastic shanks aren't that great, which is why we all recommend brass shanks. The thread on yours does look a little damaged but if your gentle and don't force it, it should seal.

You may be lucky, wrap ptfe around your valve and try to tighten gently.

From the look of the picture the 15mm copper pipe into the bottom of the inlet valve is at an angle.

Also noticed the pipe angle but the pipe below the iso valve I think is plastic and the pipe above the valve is White painted copper.

You could use Thomas Dudley Hydroflo float valve with brass tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsure how to stop a leak. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock