Discuss Unsafe situations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Out of interest:

a combi boiler where the heating is on constantly even though the boiler is set to off (on the boiler integral control) due to a pcb fault.

Would you classify this as an unsafe situation and if so how and why?

Id, if the pcb has failed, chances are ffd,s are compromised.

If the boiler heating was constantly on in this weather then wouldn't the cust knock off main power hence stopping any I'D situation?

It's Fubarred not Unsafe.

No gas leak
No POC's floating around
Flue termination good.
Not hanging off the wall

Etc Etc

Suppose you'd have to test the ffd,s. If they are knackered it's ID.

Hmmm the reason I ask is bg id'd it. You could argue that the ffd's have been compromised but I wouldn't have thought id.

Bg are very skilled at interpreting rules and regs to there advantage.

I think I would AR it. Usually do with any repairs that involve going back with parts.

Even with water leaks in boiler, as you would want to isolate and drain, leave AR. If customer then says no, leave it going and signs AR paperwork, and it leaks onto PCB, then there's not really any argument.

if PCB has failed then I don't really know how you can leave it and say appliance is operating correctly?

I think I would AR it. Usually do with any repairs that involve going back with parts.

Even with water leaks in boiler, as you would want to isolate and drain, leave AR. If customer then says no, leave it going and signs AR paperwork, and it leaks onto PCB, then there's not really any argument.

if PCB has failed then I don't really know how you can leave it and say appliance is operating correctly?

Wouldnt have left it on. Boiler was turned off at spur but wouldn't have thought it would do any harm to turn back on for a bit of hot water when required until new pcb is fitted next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsafe situations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock