Discuss uneven window sills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foodface

Fitted four radiators today, fitted them all to be level as that's the way I was taught to do things in college and at work previously. One of them is under a window sill which is hidiously un level. Explained this to the customer but they aren't happy. Spoke to a mate and he said he fits things uneven to suit other fixtures so now I'm thinking my way was wrong.

What's everyones thoughts on this.

Cheers.

Damon.

What I do is let the customer decide ask them if they want it with the window sill or level. then if its not level put the vent at the highest end.

The fun begins when the window sill slopes 1 way and the skirting and floor the other.

I tend to ask the customer how they want it. If the customer isn't available I hang it level and charge extra to change it. Not my fault they live in Willy wonkas factory.

It gets fitted level, don't care what it looks like. If the cust gets new windows and cills a little bit down the road and then your rads off, they get visitors who turn round and say 'was your plumber half cut when he hung that?'

I'd also fit level too. I was told by an old school heating engineer that they had to be hung level to prevent magnetite blocking the valve entries!!

fit it level, couldn't care about anything else being level the radiators are going to be.

If they asked me to change it i would do so as long as its the one.

Give one side of the bracket a good smash with a hammer and bolster chisel

Thanks for the advice, I knew it was the right way to do things but sometimes it's hard not to get doubts on the job. I was always taught that a job is to be done properly and if someone else has not done theirs properly then that's not your fault.

I'll sleep easy now.

Like previous posts have said discuss with customer every job is different.its the customer that lives with your work and pays you.
I had one job old cottage pipes in level looked so bad some of the walls and floors were out by as much as 200mm with dips and bows so bent pipes to suit walls and looked so much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to uneven window sills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock