Discuss Turbomax Plus 824E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcheese

Gas Engineer
Has anyone had intermittant problems with hw on these. I went the other day and it was working fine on arrival. I told him to monitor it and ring me if it started again. I suspected the shower was faulty as the taps seemed fine. I was thinking either Air pressure switch or Aqua Sensor, but to be honest I havn't seen many of these boilers so thought I would get some words of wisdom from you guys first.

Diverter valve could be at fault, there's a little white arm which moves and hits a microswitch to bring the boiler on. Quite common that the diaphragm as split and the arm isn't moving far enough to hit the switch. You can do a temp fix by bending the arm on the switch up. But the diaphragm may need replacing. Although, this sometimes doesn't sort it, and you may need to replace the diverter valve. I've changed a few diaphragms and still the same and Vaillant will tell you to replace the diverter. Easy enough to replace anyway.

If you do replace the diverter, there's 3 screws which secure it in place, 1 longer and 2 shorter, make sure they go back in the right place, if the long one is in the wrong place it will go straight in to the pipe behind.

Last edited:
Is it showing a demand when running a tap? How far in to the ignition sequence does it get? I've had a few in the past where the APS is full of water when it's been raining heavily.

Yeah its showing demand. It was working fine when I was there. I spoke to the customer today and he said he cant hear fan or pump running or any sparking. Im taking APS Monday aswell as NTC sensor. Also going to clean out plate for good measure. Hate intermittent faults

Board fault with the fan relay poss sticking , sometimes intermitently, what was happening when you were there , how far into the sequence or did it work the whole time you were there, sods law

Worked the whole time. The shower was hit and miss though. No iso valves on it so I couldnt turn cold off to test. Hot pipe going in to shower was scalding though so I put it down to faulty shower.

Guareteed to be the aqua sensor changed a few of these lately
If the boiler works and it's a intermittent the aqua sensor will be weak or damaged
U will need a good pair of cir clip pliers to get the sensor out u will be able to tell straight away if it's damaged

Thought aqua sensor unscrew?

No Held in by a cir clip
gabu6eba.jpg

Just thought I would update you on this. I changed the APS and the NTC sensor after speaking to Vaillant. I cleaned out the plate which had a bit of dirt in it but not excessive. I removed the aqua sensor and it seemed to be ok so left it in. All ok and not had another phone call from him yet (touch wood).

I know im to late to help the original post but hope it helps for future use, if you ever come across a turbomax plus with the original black aps then change it, as this will cause you all sorts of weird faults but will never show a fault code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Turbomax Plus 824E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back