Search the forum,

Discuss Triton thermostaic shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave180

My triton shower has been fitted about a year and has been working fine, but recently the temperature has been getting lower gradually. Hot water flow is ok in the bathroom, and i've checked the inlet filters are clean, so called the waranty engineer in.
He's been here twice now and says that it's fixed, that the maximum needed re-setting. Since it was ok before, I reckoned that was nonsense, so I checked the temperature with a thermometer. On maximum it was 36oC, as i turned the temp control, the water stayed the same temperature until i got to min where all i got was cold water. But when I turned up from min, the temperature went up to 39oC beforee settling at 36oC again.
Now I'm pretty sure this must be a faulty temperature control cartridge, and must have been dangerous to be left like this? Thought I would check before I give someone a good dressing down.
Thanks for any help

Are you getting hot water from a combi boiler ?? hot water from shower mixer is usely set to 42c.

dave have you tried slowing the speed down as above if its coming from a combi the incoming water will be colder due to weather

Yes the hot water is from a combi, I thought the water should be hotter, but at the moment it only comes out one temperature, so i think the engineer set the max as a usable temperature. I wasn't around when he came or i'd have asked a few questions and tested it before he left.

I have tried slowing the flow, but no change. I thought that a thermostatic valve should alter flow to maintain the temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Triton thermostaic shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock