Search the forum,

Discuss Trappex Centramag 2 28mm - where to buy? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

After recommendations on here, I'm after replacing an old red label Magnaclean (with broken valves) for a Trappex Centramag 2. I need a 28mm but I can't find anyone who stocks them...do they exist in 28mm and where can I get one? I'd rather order online as none of my local merchants have even heard of them - I've tried emailing Trappex a few times but their customer service doesn't seem bothered to even reply!

Special order best to contact manufacturer and ask is there any one local eg approved stockist that can order it in for you

I have had the same problem this week , nobody answers the phone , the only merchants that stock them are the independents . Online may be the way . A guy called Paul Scholes is pretty quick on the emails .
I installed a centramag yesterday, my first one , and one of the valves leaked , not happy , it was a good job the customer was at work .
Paul is sending me one out but I have to go back and fit it for free as per !!!
Personally I wont fit another centramag but will try the new Genesis next .
Sorry no idea if they do a 28 mm but email Paul, and I am sure he will help.

I have had the same problem this week , nobody answers the phone , the only merchants that stock them are the independents . Online may be the way . A guy called Paul Scholes is pretty quick on the emails .
I installed a centramag yesterday, my first one , and one of the valves leaked , not happy , it was a good job the customer was at work .
Paul is sending me one out but I have to go back and fit it for free as per !!!
Personally I wont fit another centramag but will try the new Genesis next .
Sorry no idea if they do a 28 mm but email Paul, and I am sure he will help.

Hmm, the leaky valves don't sound good...might just get the Magnaclean 2xp instead - the revised design will be a benefit over my old one and it should save me some pipework. Just galling that the 28mm model is £150 for a plastic tube and few valves!

Hmm, the leaky valves don't sound good...might just get the Magnaclean 2xp instead - the revised design will be a benefit over my old one and it should save me some pipework. Just galling that the 28mm model is £150 for a plastic tube and few valves!

Hmm indeed , I was seething to be honest , but the Genesis does look in a different league.

Fernox Omega is made in 28mm fitted one this week and have fitted several other comes with or without valves and all brass . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191107-191426.png
    Screenshot_20191107-191426.png
    476.9 KB · Views: 10
Fernox Omega is made in 28mm fitted one this week and have fitted several other comes with or without valves and all brass . Kop

Thanks, KOP, just taken a look - they look quite robust, will research further. Unless I'm mistaken, looks like it needs an aerosol type inhibitor, rather than just pouring into the Magnaclean? Also, why would you want one without valves? Surely always better to valve off something like this?

Thanks, KOP, just taken a look - they look quite robust, will research further. Unless I'm mistaken, looks like it needs an aerosol type inhibitor, rather than just pouring into the Magnaclean? Also, why would you want one without valves? Surely always better to valve off something like this?

unless they leak down the road

Why's that ? all you do is place a container under the mag filter remove the magnet open the drain point the system pressure blasts out the debris 2 - 3 seconds job done , replace the magnet top up the system , chemicals can be added a number of ways I have a pump to get it in , you can add via a radiator or towel rail if you know how ,or use the canned stuff . Kop

Why's that ? all you do is place a container under the mag filter remove the magnet open the drain point the system pressure blasts out the debris 2 - 3 seconds job done , replace the magnet top up the system , chemicals can be added a number of ways I have a pump to get it in , you can add via a radiator or towel rail if you know how ,or use the canned stuff . Kop

I don't have any towel rails, just normal rads so I like the ease of dosing via the Magnaclean!

Piece of cake isolate your rad drain some water out through one of the rad valves into a container add the chemical as below it not like your doing it every few months , don't get me wrong the Magna clean is a quality product and has its place I use them if the install suits . Kop
[automerge]1573157423[/automerge]
Very good point! That's the only reason I'm changing my old Magnaclean - stuck valves!
Replacement valves are available ???
[automerge]1573157832[/automerge]
Non metallic as well ? Mr kopsta
Have a look here mate

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191107-194905.png
    Screenshot_20191107-194905.png
    489.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20191107-195834.png
    Screenshot_20191107-195834.png
    265.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Piece of cake isolate your rad drain some water out through one of the rad valves into a container add the chemical as below it not like your doing it every few months , don't get me wrong the Magna clean is a quality product and has its place I use them if the install suits . Kop
[automerge]1573157423[/automerge]

Replacement valves are available ???
[automerge]1573157832[/automerge]

Have a look here mate

Thanks, all good pro advice. I understand replacement valves are available, but the top seal is a bit dodgy as well so thought I might just replace it for the newer model. Great tip on the inhibitor through the rad so thanks for that as well.

After recommendations on here, I'm after replacing an old red label Magnaclean (with broken valves) for a Trappex Centramag 2. I need a 28mm but I can't find anyone who stocks them...do they exist in 28mm and where can I get one? I'd rather order online as none of my local merchants have even heard of them - I've tried emailing Trappex a few times but their customer service doesn't seem bothered to even reply!
This lack of service is not what this company will want to hear.
I have copied this to Shaz ...he will be dismayed. centralheatking

Unfortunately our computers have been down at the office.We don't manufacture a 28mm Centramag 2 but we do make an original Centramag 28mm version .Please contact us on [email protected],if you require any further information .
ok Bsp ..can you send all your current sales info to me please
Shaz has my email...Rob Foster [email protected]
[automerge]1573376613[/automerge]
I had a chat with Trappex yesterday on your behalf. Shaz apologises they have been moving offices and that was why they were behind with enquries. centralheatking

Last edited:

Reply to Trappex Centramag 2 28mm - where to buy? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock