Discuss Timesavers Strap on boss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lexicon101

Morning, has anyone drilled out 100mmm cast down pipe with a bi metal holesaw , and fitted one of timesavers strap on boss connectors, basically I was asked to do a job in city centre by an architect friend, where the previous plumbers have pretty much not done the job right on a new extension and problems arose, and for whatever reason they are not there anymore, and the client needs to know if the extensions UG drainage line which they fitted is going to pass inspection pressure test.

It is a combined drainage system, and the stack is an internal one which has been exposed on the ground level where the property extension is located (of 3 levels) , but they previous guys have / did not fitted a rodding point in the stack , so currently there is no way to seal the line into the stack and the rest of the UG is now under solum and kingspan and floor !!!!

So rather than cuting out the section and fitting timesaver clamp with rodding point given it is the bottom of the stack , I was hoping to use the strap on boss, and hopefully get a balloon down through that , then small cutting fitted with blank to seal it up..

Any tips, other than lots of bi metal drill bits! and being careful ? and do you know (as I have not been to PDM yet , if the strap on boss 100mm , is big enough for getting a balloon in ?

I may fit a hold fast higher up prior to drilling just in case the worst happens during drilling, I have fitted timesavers before in an internal stack in old flats in Edinburgh , but access was far better , and this method I think, / may save a lot of excavating of the surrounding 3 sides of wall..

?

I would not go for the strap on boss this is always prone to leakage & will be under a lot of pressure if stack blocks!! Is there no way you can get a set of "Jones" wheel cutters in ? If the stack is not clipped then there is problems anyway.
PS you can get hoses to extend those on bags if there if a con fairly close.

HI Chris, been and looked and the hole in SOB is max 50mm so that is a no go, could just get ballon in, but getting it out another question altogether, so looks like the timesaver with hand hole, clamps, hold fast, notes through doors, and a prayer!

cheers anyway

HI Chris, been and looked and the hole in SOB is max 50mm so that is a no go, could just get ballon in, but getting it out another question altogether, so looks like the timesaver with hand hole, clamps, hold fast, notes through doors, and a prayer!

cheers anyway
Good luck & watch your fingers.

Probably easier washing a balloon on a long hose down from the extension side.

Btw you don't need to test anything tied onto existing.

Hi, cheers tamz, jobs done now mate, cut in access pipe no issues, also re the test , basically other guys of the job, and its all under solum untested , will be interesting friday morning..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Timesavers Strap on boss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock