Search the forum,

Discuss Boss strap failure…. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

G

GazJones

Morning everyone. Got an issue with an internal soil stack boss strap failure. The boss strap had been sealed originally with silicon which has failed and caused a leak. The soil stack is accessible but it’s tight working area.

Do I seal the boss strap with OB1, cross my fingers and hope it lasts more than 10 years or so, or do I use solvent cement filler like Polypipe and hope I do it properly. The problem with the solvent cement filler is that if there is another issue in the future and the boss strap is welded on, there is no way of cutting the soil stack and taking the whole thing out.

The boss strap is not used for any other pipe work and was cut in by mistake by a builder.

I would use stick like **** or ct1

Reply to Boss strap failure…. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock