Search the forum,

Discuss strap on boss help please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to add a new strap on boss to an internal soil stack. Problem is the soil pipe is tight into a corner and I can’t get the strap connections around it.
What alternatives are there?
Stupid question maybe but if I cut the connections off I can get the rest of the strap round, would cable ties be enough to hold it? Or just the solvent?

Another alternative, this is for a 50mm shower waste, however I do have a basin waste I can T into a few inches from the soil stack (after a 4m 50mm run). However the basin waste is a smaller size, it’s old and seems to be between a 32mm and 40mm??

Thank you!

Possibly, thank you. I can get one and see!
The 50mm option is out of stock near me. I can get a 40mm one - is it ok to step down the waste size for the last few inches of pipe?
[automerge]1596361833[/automerge]
My pipe run would be a foot or so of 40mm from the shower waste, stepped up to 50mm for the rest of the run and then down to 40mm again for the last few inches to the stack. It has an air vent at the start of the run from the shower tray.

There are other merchants, stepping it down from 50 to 40mm isn't recommended, especially on a shower waste where the hair, grease and skin etc. has had chance to cool down and congeal by the time it gets to that point in the waste run.
It's not to regs but you might get away with it, are you a gambler? :)

Reply to strap on boss help please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate to sort this chaps. I’ve installed a boss strap today and the bloody thing is leaking. I glued it as normal and cleaned it up so I’m unsure what the issue is. Any advice for the easiest fix please?
Replies
Views
Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
G
Morning everyone. Got an issue with an internal soil stack boss strap failure. The boss strap had been sealed originally with silicon which has failed and caused a leak. The soil stack is accessible but it’s tight working area. Do I seal the boss strap with OB1, cross my fingers and hope it...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I’ve got a new section of stack fitted but when I fitted the strap boss I was too keen to test it and it now slightly leaks where it meets the stack. I was wondering whether it’s worth trying to get it off and have another go or just replace the full piece (about 2 metres ) If I did...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally. I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits. I can't cut a new hole above...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock