Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom renovation - waste pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Been researching as much as I can and think have a good gist about recommended waste pipe sizes, types of bends etc so now just looking to fit the most efficient system (but also looking to minimise drilling through stone work).

Essentially the old setup had the shower and bath running separately to a hopper connected to 68mm rain pipes and neighbour tells me previous owner had all sorts issues with overflowing water out of hopper. The basin was in different location and fed a strap boss to the 110mm soil pipe.

I've put together a few different versions I'm thinking but shout if better combos. The pipe on the bottom left is the 68mm rain pipe/hopper, the right is the 110mm soil pipe. I am not reusing any of the old external wall holes as the ceiling below has been lowered giving me plenty of room internally to have the required drops all not need raised showers etc.

Second bathroom waste routes v1.jpg
Second bathroom waste routes v2.jpg
Second bathroom waste routes v3.jpg
Second bathroom waste routes v4.jpg

V1 but stick a aav on the basin if it’s a combined system

If not v2 but as above

I would not put bath into hopper, large volume discharge.
Yes to shower in hopper.
Don’t combine basin , run it separately- to either hopper or stack.

Thanks both! Was about to ask whether it would have been the bath or the shower causing hopper issues. I'll run the bath in 40mm to a boss pipe on the 110mm soil.

I'm thinking of I'm putting new boss it it worth just running the shower to soil pipe too (ie V3) or will there really be no issues for shower+hopper?

Pipe routes internally very easy as large void

Reply to Bathroom renovation - waste pipes in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock