Search the forum,

Discuss Strap boss leak between strap and pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey all,

I’ve got a new section of stack fitted but when I fitted the strap boss I was too keen to test it and it now slightly leaks where it meets the stack.
I was wondering whether it’s worth trying to get it off and have another go or just replace the full piece (about 2 metres )
If I did replace would I just need to slide the top tee out, fit new piece from bottom up to the tee and then pivot the tee in and fit the top piece of piece going to the vent?
I thought about a slip coupling too.
Thankyou
Ps I used solvent weld

Attachments

• D89DB58B-2C97-45FE-B916-D1CE4999EF09.jpeg
    D89DB58B-2C97-45FE-B916-D1CE4999EF09.jpeg
    869.3 KB · Views: 14
Buy a new strap boss just in case you break existing, but I reckon you’ll likely be able to stick a flat screwdriver up into the leak gap and pry of the existing boss.

Make sure you sand the shine off the pipe where the boss sits and ensure it’s in the correct orientation.

Reply to Strap boss leak between strap and pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
G
Morning everyone. Got an issue with an internal soil stack boss strap failure. The boss strap had been sealed originally with silicon which has failed and caused a leak. The soil stack is accessible but it’s tight working area. Do I seal the boss strap with OB1, cross my fingers and hope it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally. I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits. I can't cut a new hole above...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet in our new house. It’s eventually going to be moved to the other side of the house. The seal around the back of the toilet had failed so I switched...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock