Currently reading:
three way valve sticks between hot water and central heating.

Discuss three way valve sticks between hot water and central heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbam

Hello all,

My 3 way valve sometimes sticks between c/h and h/w resulting in rads warming up when timer is
turning h/w on.
The valve is sunvic 2701 it moves the full range for c/h or h/w on the motorised bit.
the valve body was a bit stiff but still moveable with the fingers.
I have bought a new valve body (danfoss randall hsv3) and hope to change it to see if this brings an improvement.

Will I get away with isolating cold mains and cold feed to h/w tank then draining taps rather than all the
radiators when attempting this?

Do I need to turn valves off above and below the pump?

can I use that slotted thumbwheel on vertical pipe ajoining hot feed to h/w tank to bleed h/w side when I am done?

Does the pump - pump water to the T junction 3 way valve or draw water through it?

Thanks for reading and any advice.

Cheers,
Tom.

You are getting confused between the different types of pipework. Maybe best to call in a professional. Your house insurance won't cover any diy misshaps.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.
Regarding my vented system
If I go ahead and get the three way valve (diverter valve) changed should I get the wsp gold
pump changed at the same time (if so what type would you recommend)? The system is 24 years old and original.
All the radiators still get hot.

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 34
Yes best to replace the pump I would recommend dab pumps

I sorted it in the end replaced 3 way valve and motorised bit. isolated tank in the loft. drained radiators. cleaned with flushing agent.
drained topped up with inhibitor bled radiators.
I left the pump for now. bled the feed into the hw tank and primed the pump to get it started again.all working and switching ok.

I sorted it in the end replaced 3 way valve and motorised bit. isolated tank in the loft. drained radiators. cleaned with flushing agent.
drained topped up with inhibitor bled radiators.
I left the pump for now. bled the feed into the hw tank and primed the pump to get it started again.all working and switching ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to three way valve sticks between hot water and central heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock