Search the forum,

Discuss thorn apollo boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ianmck

Our 26 year old thorn apollo boiler is still going, but in the interests of efficiency we are thing of replacing it, we have had a quote from B. G. almost 3k, that is to replace it with a conventional type condensing boiler,(worcester bosch) and a power flush, seems a lot over the top to me, when I see the purchase price of the boiler is around £750 ish, can any one advise any local, reliable, honest installers in the Liverpool/north west area, who might do the job at a more reasonable price.
I'm new to the forum its good innit.
Regards ianmck

welcome to the forums ianmck there are several members from your area. be patient and they will see your post.

we did one last year and the BG quote was exactly the same !! oh the faulty thermocouple they said was the reason for it going off was actually the flue seam split all the way along. It was about Half of that price all in if i remember correctly. (Baxi solo HE)

Our 26 year old thorn apollo boiler is still going, but in the interests of efficiency we are thing of replacing it, we have had a quote from B. G. almost 3k, that is to replace it with a conventional type condensing boiler,(worcester bosch) and a power flush, seems a lot over the top to me, when I see the purchase price of the boiler is around £750 ish, can any one advise any local, reliable, honest installers in the Liverpool/north west area, who might do the job at a more reasonable price.
Regards ianmck

this type of post got me a 10 day ban last time,im keeping quiet

Regards ianmck
as suggested get a local guy to give you a price and he will probably provide a better service as well as being less than your quote.
I might add that the apollo is a cracking good boiler in terms of reliability but a gas guzzler it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thorn apollo boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock