Discuss thermostat with a small differential + anticipator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ShaunCorbs,

I opened it, there are 3 wires, one is half green half yellow, another is blue, and a 3rd is brown.

so 2 wires as green / yellow is an earth

the problem you have is no neutral which takes a new stat range from + or - 5dc to + or - 1dc

you have three options

replace with a battery digital one or get a heating eng/spark to run a new cable 3 core + earth and fit a new stat

or the third get a rf stat fitted

in the correct place eg 1.5m from floor and if a rad is there no trv to be fitted just normal lockshield

Thank you v much ShaunCorbs,

I'll deal with it tomorrow. I guess a battery powered will be the easier and cheaper option, right? As I may be able to fit it myself?

And do these battery digital ones have a small differential? And anticipator? Don't anticipators require a 3rd wire, for the little "heater"?? Can a battery do that??

Cheers,

Mark

Should we be telling peeps how to do a sparkys job ? Could be 230v involved and possibly Boiler case removal

Should we be telling peeps how to do a sparkys job ? Could be 230v involved and possibly Boiler case removal

no boiler case removal needed as you can tell which is which at stat

but down to op and if he has a multi meter

not if its battery ;)

and yes and depends how diy you are and tools etc

But as I understood it, anticipators have a little heating element. Can a battery powers that? Wouldn't the (small) battery be drained in a few weeks, if not days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thermostat with a small differential + anticipator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock