Currently reading:
Thermostat/Control box help

Discuss Thermostat/Control box help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. I'm trying to fit some smart thermostats but they require a mains connection. I have the wiring in place from the existing set up (battery powered thermostats), but they have no mains voltage going through them. The wiring goes to a Danfoss WC4/B wiring Centre as the central heating is split into 2 zones.
Could anyone from the wiring diagrams and the photo let me know what connections I need to make to get voltage to the thermostats? (files attached)

From what I can make out, terminals 1 and 2 that have the black with brown sleeve wires are from the thermostat wiring. The other wires in there are from the valves for the central heating.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

IMG_20190405_123108.jpg

Attachments

• Danfoss-Wiring-Centre-Guide.pdf
    132.5 KB · Views: 11
Right let’s start this again. The link you posted DOESNT work so we can’t tell if it’s for the old set up or the new. Do you have two zones and a hot water cylinder?? If you do it’s SPlan plus. We still need to know what the new stat requires wiring wise not just that it requires 240v it’s not just as simple as running 240 up a cable it’s how it all links in. Did you test the existing with a multimeter or a volt stick

Right let’s start this again. The link you posted DOESNT work so we can’t tell if it’s for the old set up or the new. Do you have two zones and a hot water cylinder?? If you do it’s SPlan plus. We still need to know what the new stat requires wiring wise not just that it requires 240v it’s not just as simple as running 240 up a cable it’s how it all links in. Did you test the existing with a multimeter or a volt stick
Right, for the new set up I have a logic combi es35 boiler, a danfoss wiring station WC4B, two danfoss HPA2 valves and I will have two Bht-6000 thermostats that will need a 240v feed, an earth and the 2 control wires.

Link to the wiring station diagrams

http://assets.danfoss.com/documents/DOC000086407568/DOC000086407568.pdf

You can post that link all day long and harp on about the wiring centre, but in the real world it mean absolutely nothing mate. You may need a complete new wired system or just new supply. But without a pro looking at it you may never get it to work. On that note I’m out.

As above mate. As I said it isn’t just as simple as getting a voltage up the wire it’s subsequently integrating it into the system to work correctly
That link is to download a pdf that has all the different combinations for the wiring station. It does do 240v to a thermostat, but I'm not sure which diagram I need to use, once I know which diagram is for the new set up I'm fine. Just can't wrap my head around it. So my wiring station will work and valves etc... Just need to know how to reconfigure it.

Heating wiring is a bit of head scratcher sometimes there is no guarantee your system is wired as the diagram , I would employ a competent electricrian to resolve your problem . Kop

Checked over the wiring and one of the screws for the live was not in, so the wire was not making a connection. I did that, checked the wiring again at the thermostat and I had 240v. No major work required.

Someone previously must had noticed the heating was not working as the valves were also set to manual.

Reply to Thermostat/Control box help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock