Discuss The National Lottery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charity or other "deserving causes" get some money out of each lottery draw,
Shops make a small profit,
People are employed to run the lottery (numerous - including advertising etc),
Government gets some percentage each ticket, I think, plus they benefit from all above. Very clever!
Vast majority tickets win nothing, some win small money but lose more eventually & the very lucky few win big - probably buy foreign goods, fall out with family & friends & spend their money abroad.
It's the stupid people who have little money & use their vital £2 or more on an almost no hope chance, that I feel sorry for.

Thanks for your sympathy haha

Thanks for your sympathy haha

Lol! I am too tight (from scot decent) to waste £2 on the lottery, although if you're not in ye can't win, as we know!
Did take a stupid moment for Christmas & did the lottery once, - wouldn't it have been lovely even just to get a couple of grand at Christmas! But I was one of the millions of losers. :sad:
On same theme, - I did a job for a customer that said he was broke, then discovered him in a shop buying £20 scratch cards for himself. That's why I say it's the stupid poor people who really lose.

I'd be happy with £1million and chuffed to bits with £120 million, theres a few good customers out there Id give a free boiler for supporting me and being loyal over the last few years, many more who'd get the finger :) youd sort out the family, and in my case give a load away as spending millions is obscene unless your helping someone. As for holidays in the sun, I just go pink and burn so not for me, however I would take up fox chasing and maybe teach gasman how to offroad properly :)

If I won a million or more, I would make sure I claimed it as one of a family syndicate - because if you claim it all in your name then when you want to give large amounts to any your family, they would have to put it down as earnings.
I would give a lot to charity but wouldn't want anyone knowing I won the money if possible.
Just the pleasure of helping someone who really needs help would be worth it, rather than greedily keeping it all.

Often been tempted to send off a 3 number winning ticket to Lottery HQ in the hope that they will send me a cheque. I would then get the cheque either framed or enlarged into one of those big jackpot style winning things that people get their photos taken with.

the bit that actually boils my blood is those who go on National TV to announce their winnings. What normal thinking person will do a thin so daft?

If I were stuupid enough to play the lottery, and win millions, I will go in a disguise to collect it. I will keep such a low profile, no one would have a clue I have dough. Winning millions hehe. Talk of a good way to falling oit with your family (no amount you give them will be enough) and having every little crook in the neighborhood asking you for money or else???

Had the first four numbers on last nights Euromillions. The winning fifth number was 39, I had 38!
Oh well, 68 quid will just have to do instead of the 37.5k on offer for having five numbers.

Had the first four numbers on last nights Euromillions. The winning fifth number was 39, I had 38!
Oh well, 68 quid will just have to do instead of the 37.5k on offer for having five numbers.

Better than a poke in the eye buddy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The National Lottery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
I
Hi everybody, Ive probably read hundreds of posts on this site since i registered and there is definitely a lot of useful info, although ive...
Replies
Views
innertemple
I
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock