Search the forum,

Discuss the common sense has disaggregated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

got called out today to a co alarm activation,the boiler in question is a potterton performa 24 he fitted by me 5 years ago and serviced by me every year done a service a month ago,they have a co alarm fitted that once activated telephones some old age organization who rings the customer asking do you want us to ring the fire brigade?well they did despite the fact that all windows in the house were open,a builder had been using a petrol disc cutter in the outside bathroom all day(closed door communicating with the main structure) fumes,dust etc,the house stinking of petrol fumes,the boiler being last used at 10 o'clock this morning and the alarm activation at 4 this afternoon the grunts turn up and do a co test near the boiler thats not been on for 6 hours and is RS and say co levels off the scale and a petrol cutter going all day could not generate that much co with the windows in the house open,i turn up at 5 carry out a co room safety with the boiler on DHW ,1 ppm after 30 mins,nothing to worry about are the fire brigade stupid or what,did the builders petrol cutter and the open windows not give the game away????? the fire prat said to the householder the cutters being used downstairs no way could co make its way upstairs to the boiler,WTF dont they know hot vapours rise,MORONS btw this in the arms because some of you may not be in the GSR only forum but may be GSR

i have had problems on building sites with generators setting off detectors because some trades insist on having the generator right by the front door cus there too lazy to walk a few meters outside to start it up. :( not to mention the fire hazard involved. most petrol engines give off decent amounts of co.

C0 is guaranteed off a Genni or any petrol tool especially 2 stroke which most disc cutters are.

Send them a polite note suggesting they do a course in emissions.

Any time we need to use the genni we keep it close to the door, not because we're lazy but because they have a habit of walking if left out of earshot.

Why a "polite" note?

Some of these people feel they are so self important and never engage mouth/pen before brain.

I fully agree however just because they act that way in "Real Time" so full of their own self importance they must have something to say I doubt shouting any message at them will get us anywhere.

Treat them like children and you might get their attention;

Dear Fireman Sam,

I know the job you do is very important and vital to our community (now he is relaxed and full of self importance)
should you wish I can provide your department with a one day course in the use of a FGA which will result in you and your colleagues being CPA1 certified (now your selling to his ego).

If they take you up on it get on to a registered training centre and buy their services for a day add 50% > 100% to their fees and you win.

Also what dave1 said.

Hope the next call you get like that is to the fire service. Tell him he needs a new boiler, coz after all, there's no way fumes can rise like that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to the common sense has disaggregated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock