Discuss syphonic toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marc03

Hi.
I've recently changed my gubbins of my toilet with a flapper ext only to find out I have a syphonic system :mad:
My question is can I use a standard syphon with a syphon bomb I also may need to get a new syphon bomb too due to a slight crack.

Any advise will be appreciated :vanish:

I really don't want to be spending a fortune as a easy cheap job has already turned into a night mare :censored::censored:
Thanks

I'd rather try and fix it. just need to find out if I can use standard Syphon Which also wouldn't cost to much.

You could fix it, but it's hassle, it will also be hassle next time it goes and the time after that. Parts will become rarer and more expensive too as time goes on.
You can get a new toilet for £50 from B and Poo that comes with the flush valve and filler in the price. I know which I'd choose.

Yeah i'd do whatthe other guys sugessted and the a bomb probably wont fit in the bottom of the flapper anyway.

Id stick with the syphonic toilet tbh. Far superior flush than the modern garbage.

New bomb. New syphon. Jobs a good one.

I don't really want to change the toilet but thanks for the opinions guys but one my current toilet goes with my bathroom suit and two after the nightmare I'm having changing guts of the bowl I dare not try changing the whole toilet if I can help it. So back to the original question will a syphon bomb fit and syphon?? Eg like there's syphones in b and q for under a tenner.

Sorry to butt in guys but can I warn all plumbers that macerators will not work correctly if fitted to these type of toilets.
Thank you.

Sorry to butt in guys but can I warn all plumbers that macerators will not work correctly if fitted to these type of toilets.
Thank you.

please can you explain why ?

Last edited:
Yeah sure mate. As Simon G said the input of water is far superior and it too much too soon for the macerator to cope with. Even with a standard syphon valve I sometimes have to reduce the amount of water entering the pan > macerator when the customers complain that sometimes paper is left behind in the pan, it`s like a vortex effect.

Right your confusing me now what the he'll is a macerator? And why is it mentioned here is it something I need to know about?

Don`t worry marc it`s not relevent to your problem but as other plumbers were reading the thread I apologised first then hijacked the thread to give a warning to everybody.

Just fit a new syphon - try to get one of the larger height syphons that are more compatible with your cistern water level. Syphon will be very cheap, the bomb will cost about £30 odd.
Well worth fixing as it will be a quality loo. Nothing will give trouble with the bomb part for a lifetime, unless someone carelessly breaks it when taking cistern off. Mine is near 40 years old & has only just recently had a new washer for first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to syphonic toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock