Search the forum,

Discuss Slow draining bath tub in new houseS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zouganelis

Hi folks,

I have bought a new house a year ago from a developer and besides the usual minor issues you get with new houses, this one has been troubling me for some time. The plumbers who fitted the bathroom had another look when I complained repeatedly about the slow draining of the bath tub, asking them whether it is a venting issue. Unfortunately when they turned up my wifewas only at home so I couldn't see for myself. Tonight after taking a shower and watching the water level rising once again by 1.5 to 2 inches while taking a quick shower, I thought I should have a look for myself and took some photos. I am not a plumbing expert but I was expecting a venting oipe somewhere after the trap, which doesn't look right to me. Can you tell from the pictures if the work has been done professionally or whether it is a bodge?

Many thanks in advance.
DSC_0422.jpgDSC_0423.jpg

not vent required on the trap, the pipework could do with more support. I would remove the trap first to see if its blocked, if that clear then look at the pipe and its connection into the soil pipe as a possible point of a blockage.

very common to find plaster and saw dust blocking traps and waste pipes on new build properties.

Last edited:
perhaps the boss on the stack not bored out properly and right size

Thank you both for your input. I will check the trap for debris and if nothing is found I will follow the pipe to the boss and see whether there is anything that looks odd there. In any case, would an extra vent after the trap help at all?

doubt it in your case.
do what you suggest, i think you will find something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow draining bath tub in new houseS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock