Discuss Single panelled rad for double panel, double fin help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wrightk

Hi there, i need to replace a single panelled rad for a double one. Obviously the radiator will be the same size as the old one but the old pipework is too close to skirting to accept a double. Aside from pulling up the floor and altering pipework from underneath, is there any way of altering it above floor level. ie with any sort of fitting etc

many thanks

yes of course pipework can be altered. is the new rad going to be the same width? you could use long arm street elbows to bring the pipework out to the new valves quite easily.

yes of course pipework can be altered. is the new rad going to be the same width? you could use long arm street elbows to bring the pipework out to the new valves quite easily.

Exactly the way id do it only we call them
m/f bends

Get under the floor and change it. Doesnt take much longer and looks a million times better.

why do you think it needs swapping for a double?
there may be a simpler solution.
have you done a heat loss calculation for the room?

why do you think it needs swapping for a double?
there may be a simpler solution.
have you done a heat loss calculation for the room?

Because i am installing through wall ventilation on a couple of rooms upstairs and want to compensate for heat loss in that respect.

Get under the floor and change it. Doesnt take much longer and looks a million times better.

not really an option unfortunately as have just laid new flooring/skirting and would rather not pull up the flooring unless its an emergency :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Single panelled rad for double panel, double fin help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock