Discuss servicing adverts £49 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you would follow boiler MI'S ?
clean fan,condense trap , burner etc etc so casing should come off if mi's say so well thats the way i look at it , as already mentioned on earlier post most of the services i get asked to do is because a fault exists . I can understand the £49 if your just analysing and faffing about but imho your ripping cust off .

Agree, I dont know anyone who puts inhibitor in as standard on a boiler service.

Some boiler mi's put it down as recommend on service, besides i have about 500 litres of it nabbed off site in my garage.

I agree yes, taking the casing off could possibly mean you see a small leak etc.
But do you then take a second reading after putting the casing back on??
If not then you are doing it wrong, times are changing and you have to come into line if you want the work.

Yeah you take a second reading after doing anything that could affect combustion. Are you seriously telling me you wont take the case off because you dont want to do a second combustion analysis?

So in other words for £49 you basically analyse a boiler ,,,,,i can do that then lol

I've just bought a new FGA to celebrate my shiny new CPA ticket. I test everything in sight in order to justify the extortionate cost of being allowed to work :-/

I've just bought a new FGA to celebrate my shiny new CPA ticket. I test everything in sight in order to justify the extortionate cost of being allowed to work :-/

try passing wind on it then check the readings

Yeah you take a second reading after doing anything that could affect combustion. Are you seriously telling me you wont take the case off because you dont want to do a second combustion analysis?
I am asking about 2nd flue test to you who take the casing off.
As I have said earlier, I try not to get involved with servicing, its not for me, very boring and no job satisfaction.
All I am quoting is the required standards of todays service engineers who are working for companies, very large companies like BG etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to servicing adverts £49 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock