Discuss servicing adverts £49 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Keep seeing boiler servincing adverts for £49 advertised in my area .
IMO this cant be done properly a basic gas safety check yes but full service surely cant be possible for this price. If there is someone on here who does gas services for £49 can you explain what you offer for that because you cant be cleaning appliance properly nor chaecking over appliance adequately nor checking working parts nor offering a top up of inhibitor .Here to be proved wrong !!!!

It will be a stick an analyser in and spin it out for a half hour job. Taking the cover off is an extra :lol:

does it say £49 or from £49.
FOr 30 mins work or less then £49 aint a bad way to earn a living.
You could easily advertise this and get 30 customers a week, £1500 a week.
I try and steer clear of servicing etc, but I have to sometimes and charge £60 for a Boiler. This is my local engineers average cost.

Last edited:
Says nothing about from £49 just says gas servicing £49 on the ones i have seen , i did think if its from £49 then pile hidden extras would be added on . To me this just says tt followed by analyser stuck in flue and rattle screwdriver around boiler for 30 mins.
To me these advert says cowboy ripping the public off , to the unaware public this says bargain !!
Be interested if anyone on here who can do a full service for £49 can actually tell me what they do ?

never mind servicing , i was talking to a guy last night who lost a boiler change by several hundred pounds, using the same boiler and clock etc he rekons the guy who got the job is fitting a new boiler fo £85 labour

or maybe its stolen ???

boiler service's are being advertised around here for between £50-60 pound

Its cheap but I wouldnt say ridiculously cheap, there is no real material cost in servicing in general. Obviously the odd appliance may need gasket kits or an icos needs ionisation probes. Say its an old ideal mexico or something, could spend an hour there giving it a good old clean out, doing all the checks etc. All you need is some smoke pellets, matches and maybe some glass rope and you have earnt yourself £49 for an hours work. You may get unlucky and get a backboiler and fire and spend an hour and a half to two hours, but then your next one could be a one year old boiler which needs nothing doing to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to servicing adverts £49 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock