Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Screwed copper pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevew451

Hello a one to dust off the cobwebs old 1/2 inch copper scewed is there fitting to adapt to 15mm available as have to connect onto some of this next week and its being years since ive worked on any of this apart from taking to the scrapman of course:drool5:

Yes, you can get 15mm to 1/2 inch adaptors in brass, JG Speedfit make them for pushfit and Yorkshire make soldered ring couplings for them too. If you can get the pipe unscrewed without damaging it which can be difficult, a 1/2" female coupling/adaptor will fit it or a 1/2" to 15mm brass bush.

They don't make copper as good as that nowadays!

have already don e one by unscrewing and filing down and flaring a 15mm end feed but other one is in position so will try to get the jg coupler thanks lads just wish it was all to renew !!!

Update on this imperial to metric york socket too small i think this pipe was made by the company that put it in as old water boards used to have their own fittings etc
Anyway got round it by using some philmac universal couplers after a frustrating morning merchant hopping
it does weigh a ton though

Well done mate, some jobs are a pain in the bum, but we learn from them.

It was called "twenty thread" copper and was availlable in 1/2" upto 1" maybe more. It was a fine thread based on 55 degree pitch whitworth. Some of the older independant plumbers merchants may have adapters at the back of the shelf covered in cobwebs.

Edit to above, "twenty thread" or 20TPI was British Standard Copper Pipe thread and available from 1/4" to 1-1/2"

Also available at the time was British Standard Brass Pipe thread also called "Gas thread" 26TPI or 26 threads per inch in 1/8" to 1-1/2" also 55 degree pitch whitworth

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm unregistered so I'm just going to comment on an ancient thread to irritate you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Screwed copper pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock